There are plenty of statistics that prove how effective inbound marketing can be. In fact, we recently published this infographic that shows how inbound delivers a real knockout punch in comparison to traditional marketing methods.
The inbound methodology is all about helping you attract new visitors, convert them into leads, close more sales and finally, exciting your customers into becoming champions of your brand. Even in our infographic we weren’t able to fit all of the awesome inbound facts that we wanted to, so here are ten more jaw-jolting statistics that will change the way you market your business:
1. 90% of consumers find custom content useful and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them.
2. 29% of marketers use whitepapers as a content marketing technique.
(source: Inbound Marketing Agents)
3. 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles versus an advertisement.
(source: Content Marketing Institute)
4. Companies that spend more than 50% of their lead generation budget on inbound marketing report a significantly lower cost-per-lead.
5. According to 37% of marketing managers, the most important way to engage customers is content-led websites.
(source: The CMA)
6. Marketers allocate 34% of their overall budgets to inbound tactics – 11% more than they dedicate to outbound strategies, like banners, direct mail and more.
(source: Gannett Local)
7. 54% more leads are generated by inbound than by outbound.
8. Telemarketing was reported as being “above average” in cost by 21% of respondents.
9. Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at 33% lower cost.
(Source: Forrester Research)
10. Inbound marketers spending more than $25K per year saved $14 dollars for every new customer acquired vs. those relying on outbound strategies — $254 vs. $268.
The numbers really speak for themselves. More visitors, more leads, higher sales and lower costs. How can that not get you thinking inbound? Get started on your very first inbound marketing campaign with our free step by step checklist:
Be the first to start a conversation